General terms and conditions
§ 1 Domain
- The following rules apply to the usage and content of the app DoggyDoc, as well as all related websites and services provided by petsicon GmbH, Bergmannstr. 17, 10961 Berlin (subsequent: petsicon).
- The GTC applies to the current version of DoggyDoc. Should new features require changes to the GTC, the user will be informed accordingly.
- Use of DoggyDoc is only permitted if the user accepts this GTC. If you do not agree to these terms do NOT use DoggyDoc or petsicon related services!
- petsicon does not currently store any individual-related information for the use of its services.
- The user approves that all data transferred to DoggyDoc during the use of the app (for example, search queries required to retrieve information related to pet diseases and symptoms) may be stored by petsicon, for the purpose of, but not limited to, statistical evaluation.
§ 3 Deliverables of DoggyDoc
- DoggyDoc is an information platform for dog health related information. DoggyDoc and all related content is provided on an "AS-IS" basis for informational purposes only.
- DoggyDoc provides the user information on diseases by calculating essential factors like age, breed, gender, and other information that the user inputs. DoggyDoc provides information related to relevant diseases, therapies, and treatments based on these user inputs. This information is for informational purposes only and is provided on an AS-IS basis.
- petsicon strives to keep DoggyDoc available and accessible. However, petsicon and DoggyDoc to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaim all guarantees and warranties, either express or implied. The user has no right to the permanent availability or operation of these services.
- DoggyDoc requires a running internet connection in order to be used.
§ 4 Disclaimer
- petsicon is not to be made responsible for the correctness, completeness or up-to-dateness of content on, but not limited to, websites, apps, and other media.
- DoggyDoc does NOT provide veterinarian services or telediagnosis.
- Usage of DoggyDoc is for informational purposes only, and is in no way intended to replace medical examination or diagnosis of pets by a trained and licensed veterinarian in case of a disease.
- Use and/or reliance on any information provided by petsicon, petsicon employees, or by any services or apps provided by petsicon, is done solely at the user's own risk. Tests, veterinarians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned in the app are NOT recommended or endorsed by petsicon.
- DoggyDoc is NOT a veterinary or emergency service. If you think your pet suffers from some disease or you may have a veterinary medical emergency, call a veterinarian immediately.
- Claims for damages by the user towards petsicon as well as its legal representatives and proxies are entirely and completely forfeited. In no respect shall petsicon incur any liability for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of, resulting from, or any way connected to the use of DoggyDoc, whether or not based upon warranty, contract, tort, or otherwise; whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or otherwise; and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of, the use of DoggyDoc or the information contained in any content or services or information provided by petsicon.
- By using DoggyDoc you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold petsicon, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and suppliers, content providers, harmless from and against any claims, actions or demands, liabilities and settlements including, but not limited to, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from, or alleged to result from, your violation of these General Terms and Conditions.
§ 5 End user license agreement (EULA)
- DoggyDoc is licensed to the user, not sold.
- The license allows the user to use DoggyDoc on any of his or her devices that are registered with the store used to purchase this license, as long as this is made possible by the store operator.
- The license is valid for the current as well as all following versions of DoggyDoc.
- The usage of DoggyDoc is limited to individual, personal use only.
- DoggyDoc is not to be used in any way that violates these General Terms and Conditions, and only used in a manner that is appropriate for informational purposes and personal use.
- Any direct access or usage of the web services provided by petsicon outside of the intended operation of the DoggyDoc app is expressly forbidden.
- The content of DoggyDoc is protected by copyright in German and foreign laws. Title to the content remains with petsicon or its licensors. Any use of the content not expressly permitted by these General Terms and Conditions is a breach of these General Terms and Conditions, and may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
- Users are permitted to share their search results and calculations to other users (for example, in the form of screenshots) and may share them via social networks. petsicon is not liable for any information shared by the user and makes no guarantee related to any such information.
- Re-printing and re-publication (even noncommercial publication) of content provided by petsicon is not allowed without the explicit written approval of petsicon. Only short excerpts of content that do not exceed more than 200 characters and appear on screenshots taken during the use of DoggyDoc are permitted.
- Decompilation of the DoggyDoc App is expressly forbidden.
- Copying of DoggyDoc to third-party devices as well as distribution of DoggyDoc in any manner is expressly forbidden.
- The license is effective until terminated by petsicon.
- The rights of the user under this license will terminate automatically without notice from petsicon if the user fails to comply with any of the term(s) of this license. Upon termination of the license, the user shall cease all use of DoggyDoc and destroy all copies, full or partial, of DoggyDoc.
§ 6 Adjustment or suspension of service
- petsicon is entitled to make changes to DoggyDoc without prior notice.
- petsicon is entitled to discontinue any and all services, including DoggyDoc without prior notice or announcement.
§ 7 Choice of law and jurisdiction
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to all contract based relations between the user and petsicon.
- Excluded from this choice of jurisdiction are the mandatory consumer protection rights of the users country of residence.